Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Happy Friday!! This post will be super quick… and the recipe for baked sweet potato fries is nearly as quick to make. A lot of you are partaking in whole foods or other healthy eating challenges now that the holiday has past so here’s a delicious side item that’s fun and has more nutrients than their white potato friends. Sweet potato fries won’t ever get as crispy as regular potatoes but I’ve found that if you soak the fries in cold water for 30 minutes prior to baking, it removes some of the starch which helps them get more crisp. For seasonings, you can be as simple as straight up salt and pepper if you wish but because these are naturally a bit sweet, I like to add some zippy seasonings like Cajun seasoning to them for a spicy bite. My favorite sauce to dip them in is a homemade mayo spiced up with chipotle peppers. Of course, you can be totally boring and just dip them in ketchup but who wants to be boring!?
- 4 sweet potatoes
- olive oil, approx 1-2 tablespoons
- water for soaking
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning blend or seasonings of your choice!
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into long thin fingers.
- Fill a mixing bowl with cold water and place fries in the water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drain water and dry fries on a kitchen towel.
- Toss fries in enough olive oil to coat along with the seasoning.
- Spread fries onto an ungreased baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes turning fries a couple times during baking.