Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Gimme a huge scoop of this black bean and corn salsa and I’m instantly transported into a beach chair with my feet in the ocean fronting the Riviera Maya. So colorful, and SO extremely delicious, this black bean and corn salsa is the perfect compliment to tacos, fajitas, soups and anything else you might be cooking up for this Friday’s Cinco de Mayo festivities. This sassy salsa is tossed together in a mere ten minutes or less making it an easy appetizer. For the most part, it’s a pico de gallo but with corn and black beans added in for color and variety. With the addition of the black beans and corn, this salsa has a lot of healthy fiber and is filling enough that you could use this all by itself as a taco filling for a vegetarian taco.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn kernels or use 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 small lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste (I used pink himalayan)
- Combine all ingredients in a dish and stir well.
- Serve over tacos, fajitas, chili or with tortilla chips!