Mosquito Bite Itch Relief Essential Oil Blend
Having more nature in my backyard means having more creepy crawlies and many more mosquitos since there’s wetland nearby. I’ve been working on an essential oil blend to use as insect repellent intending to avoid getting bit in the first place but it’s not quite right yet… soon! In the meantime, this lovely little blend has been very effective at relieving itching due to any skeeter bites that we manage to acquire.
This DIY mosquito bite itch relief essential oil blend is a mix of three essential oils plus a small amount of carrier oil. Lavender and frankincense oils are both able to be applied neat so if you choose to only use those two oils (or just lavender) there isn’t a need to add a carrier oil. I found it is more effective with those two blended with tea tree oil as well. As a carrier oil, I used almond oil but you can use jojoba or other similar oil. These cute little roller bottles make it super easy to apply to those pesky bites too!
- 1 teaspoon lavender essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon frankincense essential oil (optional)
- ½ teaspoon tea tree essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon carrier oil like almond or jojoba
- Mix all oils together and place in a roller top glass bottle or other easy to dispense container.
- Roll onto insect bites and feel the relief!
Please note this post contains affiliate links.