Meniere’s Resources, Articles, and Research
Here are a series of links and Meniere’s resources that include many websites and studies that I found incredibly helpful for dealing with Meniere’s disease and allergies:
- This Clinical Nutrition study has evidence of success using an anti-inflammatory diet (like AIP) to resolve symptoms associated with Meniere’s
- Upper Cervical Awareness and Hearing Loss Help – These two pages specifically address the relationship between a misaligned atlas bone (the topmost vertebrae) and how improper cervical bone neck alignment can cause Meniere’s symptoms. It describes how getting proper chiropractic adjustments of these bones can alleviate symptoms.
- Study featured in Integrative Health Care, an International Journal, highlights successful restoration of hearing after undergoing chiropractic care.
- Australian Research Report that also explores the relationship between misaligned spinal and neck bones with Meniere’s.
- Cervical Vertigo discusses vertigo that is caused by conditions of the neck and spine called cervicogenic vertigo and how to treat it.
- Symptoms and signs that your atlas is out of alignment. The atlas is the very topmost vertebrae where our nervous system passes though. Is it any wonder that having this bone out of place could cause Meniere’s symptoms or many other disease symptoms?
- Symptom relief study indicated that Meniere’s disease has a clear association with TMD and cervical spine disorders and that these three ailments appeared to be caused by the same stress, nervousness, and muscular tension. Pretty amazing!
- Bangor Daily News – article on dizziness citing how it may come from neck and muscle joints rather than the inner ear. The neck structures most likely to cause vertigo are a muscle called the sternocleidomastoid and the uppermost joints of the spine and neck. Treatment is also discussed.
- Two PubMed articles that indicate positive outcomes in patients with Meniere’s Disease who were treated for allergies: Allergic Management of Meniere’s Disease and The Role of Allergy in Meniere’s Disease. There are also additional articles/studies linked in the citations of these articles.
- Proposed Natural Treatment for Meniere’s – Another great resource outlining natural treatment for Meniere’s highlighting the association between Meniere’s and allergies.
- Preventing Deafness and Restoring Hearing – This article is a success story linking diet and supplements to positive Meniere’s relief. Here’s another pubmed article sighting vitamin D deficiencies in cochlear deafness.
- Gluten Free Society – Brief article highlighting the link between vertigo or Meniere’s symptoms and allergic reactions.
- The Raman Center– This site explains the relationship between Vertigo, TMJ, TMD and Meniere’s Disease and how it can be treated with proper jaw alignment.
- Malocclusion and TMD/TMJ – explains the relationship between how the mouth/jaw can affect otherparts of the body and indicates symptoms of TMD/TMJ that are the same as Meniere’s.
- Understanding Meniere’s Disease – I first stumbled upon this site while searching for natural ways to handle Meniere’s symptoms. There is an incredible amount of background in the body’s inflammatory response, the symptomography that define Meniere’s, the relationship between Meniere’s and allergies, and how to look for your own personal triggers. There are also many success stories on people who have made positive changes in their lives and are now living symptom free!
- Meniere’s Disease Foundation – This site has the popular “John from Ohio” regimen. This site gave me a lot of insight and inspired me to start thinking about nutritional supplements and food as a way of handling Meniere’s in a natural way. It also got me thinking about the role that allergies play in my particular case.
- Jon Bongiourno – This guy has a great success story on his battle with Meniere’s which had an allergic component to it plus his supplement regimen. Inspiring!
- Coimbra Protocol – Dr. Coimbra has been successful at treating his patients suffering from a range of autoimmune diseases with doses of Vitamin D.
- Mind Over Meniere’s – This site has a large list of possible treatments for Meniere’s disease. This site includes medical and non-medical suggestions.
- Candida Albicans and Meniere’s and using Nystantin to Treat Meniere’s – Overgrowth of Candida can cause Meniere’s symptoms. These are two studies that indicate how.
I love to read and these books are all ones specifically related to healing that I’ve read and recommend. These books helped me along my path to leading a healthy(er) life. Interested in more clean eating books? See my other book recommendations on my books shop page.
Please note this page contains affiliate links, which means that if you order through one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. Thanks so much!