Creamy delicious homemade one minute mayonnaise. No lie, this literally takes one minute and that includes the time to grab every ingredient outta the fridge and put in the mixing jar. Are you sold on it yet? If not… this even eliminates the step of separating the egg. Yep, you can use the whole egg. I love that there’s no wasted whites (small aside… if you make it the traditional way with just the yolks, egg whites can be frozen in a freezer proof container and thawed out for future egg white only recipes). And did I mention, no more slow drizzling of oil?!? For real. You are no longer allowed to have any more angst or anxiety about making homemade mayo. The flavorings and uses are endless and with no crazy additives, it’s way healthy.
Here’s how we accomplish this. Keeping it simple, put all of your ingredients in a wide mouth jar starting with the egg. Let sit for 20 seconds to be sure the egg is settled on the bottom.
Then, place a stick blender in the jar so it touches the bottom. Turn it on and keep it there for 10-20 seconds without moving it until the egg begins to emulsify. It’ll start to look like this…
Slowly, slowly, lift the stick blender up to emulsify the rest of the oil and voila! One minute mayonnaise! Pardon the messy jar 🙂
Then feel free to whisk wonderful flavoring such as chipotles in adobo to make a chipotle mayo, or sriracha or roasted garlic with a tish of water to thin it a bit and make an aioli. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- sprinkle of black pepper
- Starting with the egg, put all ingredients into a wide mouth jar (or container that's exactly as wide as your stick blender).
- Let sit for 20 seconds to be sure egg is settled at the bottom.
- Place stick blender in jar so that it touches the bottom. The egg should be covered by the blender blades.
- Turn blender on and don't move it for 10-20 seconds until the egg begins to emulsify.
- Slowly, raise the blender up to emulsify remaining oil.