Happy hump day! I’m in a midweek scurry to get things yet to be accomplished off my to-do list. I’ve had a winter project list that’s been in dire need of completion now that spring is merely a few weeks away (or so I’m hoping). Paint the guestroom, help hubby build a coat rack and entryway hooks, build a frame for a large painting, finish my son’s scrapbook that should have been done two years ago (turns out I hate scrapping so it kept getting put off)…. It feels so GOOD to get things done and checked off the list. This week has therefore been a week for easy meals so I’m making pizza tonight with this quick and awesome pizza sauce and therefore I’ve been calling it pizza awesome sauce!
This sauce is super fast to put together using dry spices, smoked salt, tomato paste and fire roasted diced tomatoes. Toss it all in a blender and puree. Then use it as a pizza sauce, or a dipping sauce for other fun munchies, in your scrambled eggs, or whatever else you want some awesome sauce to spice up your life with.
- 1 (15oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste or use ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2-3 teaspoons dried oregano to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh minced garlic)
- ¾ teaspoon salt (smoked salt is awesome here if you have it)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until blended.
- Makes enough sauce for 3-4 pizzas depending on size of pizza.
This post contains affiliate links