Sausage Goat Cheese Mini Quiche
The sun is shining, it’s FRIDAY, it’s inevitably, a great day! These sausage goat cheese mini quiche are great too! Awhile back, I posted a veggie packed savory breakfast mini quiche and it’s such a simple nutritious way to start the day that I decided I needed another great go-to egg dish for my morning. Pair it with a smoothie like a peaches and greens, or a berries and cream smoothie and you’ve got nutrient packed perfection that will carry you through til lunchtime.
This little sausage goat cheese quiche is also made in a muffin pan in layers. Don’t worry about what you layer when, just get all the deliciousness in it and top it with the egg mixture. I chose a goat cheese that was rolled in lightly spiced cranberries and man, oh man, was it GOOD! I think a honey goat cheese would also be a wonderful combination. Some goat cheeses are a little overpowering so a little goes a long way at adding awesome flavor. I love that when these sausage goat cheese quiche are cut open you can see a bit of the red from the cranberry giving it some fun color with the spinach bits. Yummy!
If you’re wondering what else to use the leftover bits of goat cheese for, check out these pear and prosciutto bites!
- ½ -1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 9 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup coconut milk (or milk, or cream)
- ¼ tsp salt (omit If your sausage is really salty)
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, in small bits
- olive oil for greasing muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage in a frying pan until no longer pink. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut milk, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Divide crumbled sausage evenly in lightly greased muffin pan.
- Layer spinach and goat cheese on top of sausage.
- Pour a roughly equal amount of egg mixture into each muffin well.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until eggs have set. Serve warm.