Strawberry Basil Mojito
It’s FRIDAY and I’m feeling great! My kids were in vacation bible school every morning this week which meant I actually had some bona-fide alone time to get things done. I checked off item after item on my summer to-do list and am finally caught up. I also submitted two pieces of a big project that I’m working on so that makes me smile. My garden has been producing like crazy. Like, it’s on steroids kind of crazy. So I’ve already had to start preserving some of the abundance. Not a bad problem to have, especially when it comes to strawberries and basil. An abundance of strawberries and fresh grown herbs just in time for the weekend can only mean one thing… it’s strawberry basil mojito time!
Yes, I know mojitos are usually made with mint but strawberries and basil taste SO great together. I could have just added strawberries to my original honey based mojito but the basil gives it a great little flavor punch. The rest of the ingredients are the same. It’s a summery fresh easy drink. Pour yourself a glass and welcome the weekend with a strawberry basil mojito!
- 1 ounce honey simple syrup (1/2 ounce warm water plus ½ ounce honey)
- 5 basil leaves
- 6 strawberries
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (approx. 1 lime)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces club soda
- Add honey simple syrup, basil, strawberries and lime juice to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Strain if desired to remove the seeds.
- Add ice to a highball glass.
- Pour rum, strawberry puree and club soda over ice and give it a good stir.
- Savor the summery flavor!