Strawberry Yogurt Bites
After a stressful morning yesterday, we pulled it off and closed on our new house!! It was a beautiful day to CELEBRATE!!!!! Now it’s on to more packing as we have about two weeks to slowly move to the new place before we close on our current home. I’m fairly certain that the things in my house keep multiplying after I pack a box as I just keep finding more things to pack. Ugh. On the positive, I guess it’s a great excuse to purge both pantry and other items that are no longer being used. Unfortunately this purging also means I have less items to cook and create with. No worries, these three ingredient strawberry yogurt bites, though simple, are super delicious.
My kiddos have decided that these are the most perfect after school snack. With a small paring knife, hull the strawberries and slice off the very bottom so that they will sit flat on a plate. Next, spoon vanilla Greek yogurt into the “bowl” of the strawberry. I used a coconut milk dairy free yogurt (or try vanilla quark cheese which is less sweet). Then just sprinkle with fresh chopped mint. So simple!
They’d also make a great appetizer or dessert! And now that I’m thinking about dessert, try dipping the base of these in melted dark chocolate and letting them set before filling with the yogurt and you’ve suddenly got gourmet treats!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 6 oz container vanilla Greek yogurt (dairy or non dairy, or try vanilla quark)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint leaves
- Hull the strawberries to make a little bowl and slice the base of each so they are flat on the bottom and will stand up on their own.
- Fill each strawberry with yogurt.
- Top with a sprinkle of fresh chopped mint!