Last weekend, we had a photographer come out to our acreage to do a little family photo shoot. I also had her take some updated pics of me so I can finally update my photos here on the blog (soon!). I was re-living the senior picture experience all […]
Grilled Corn…simple and summery, buttery with a slight smoky flavor, crisp and oh-so-sweet. This side dish comes with a generous shout out to summer… as in, summer, let’s get this warm weather rockin’ so we can be outside all the time! I guess I’ll have […]
Happy almost Easter! I survived having the kiddos home on Spring break last week and also hosted four of my daughter’s nine-year-old friends for her birthday sleepover. It never fails to surprise me at how rambunctious and LOUD a small group of young girls can be. And gross… because, of course, they’re at that age where bathroom humor is INCREDIBLY funny so despite my efforts to curtail any mention of bodily bathroom functions, they still managed to crack a bunch of jokes about it and end up in a fit of giggles on the living room floor. Seriously. Ugh. Anyway, this awesome chicken avocado lime salad is nothing to laugh at. It’s light, refreshing and makes a fantastic use of leftover chicken for an easy lunch.
Salads are always a great way to get in your daily dose of greens and this one is no exception. Pack on a little protein in the form of sliced grilled chicken. Add a little julienned carrot, diced avocado, cilantro and some slivered almonds. Toss with a yogurt and avocado based lime dressing and you’ve got an awesome answer to spring in a delicious chicken avocado lime salad!
- 4 oz grilled chicken breast, sliced into strips
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 cup or more salad greens like spinach, romaine or butter lettuce
- sprinkle of chopped cilantro and slivered almonds
- AVOCADO LIME DRESSING:
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt (or use mayonnaise for dairy free)
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime
- ¼ cup water (or more if you want it thinner consistency)
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place salad ingredients in a bowl or layer on a plate with greens on bottom.
- Make dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Add more water if desired for a thinner consistency.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Leftover dressing will keep in fridge for about a week.