Who can resist the cuteness of a little Brussels sprout?? They look and taste sort of like a mini cabbage but my kids need a little convincing of their virtuous qualities. Call it a baby cabbage and they’re at least partially sold… call it baby anything and they suddenly […]
I am so impressed with my husband right now. For his work, the managers take turns bringing a Friday breakfast selection for everyone to munch on. Jason has decided that he (meaning me) should bake up some healthy breakfast items and provide the team […]
Are you in charge of the cranberry sauce for next week’s feast? You can have this tart and tangy cranberry sauce whipped up in 15 minutes and it can be made ahead of time and frozen to just heat up for later. Make it this weekend and have one less thing to worry about on Thanksgiving day. I used a package of fresh cranberries and boiled them with apple cider, honey and some traditional cranberry sauce spices. To give it a little extra tang, I’ve added a little balsamic vinegar and a bit of Pinot Noir.
- 12 oz bag of whole fresh cranberries
- ½ cup apple cider (or apple juice)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Pinot Noir (optional)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- Zest of one orange and its juice
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer 10 min
- Stir and smash the cranberries when they start to pop.
- Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
- Serve warm or cold. It's great either way!