Please note this post contains affiliate linksIt has been a whirlwind this past week experimenting with fun recipes like this baked pumpkin and apple wontons and spending the last four days back on my mom’s farm for a little archery hunting and fun with my […]
Tag: goat cheese
The sun is shining, it’s FRIDAY, it’s inevitably, a great day! These sausage goat cheese mini quiche are great too! Awhile back, I posted a veggie packed savory breakfast mini quiche and it’s such a simple nutritious way to start the day that I decided I […]
The best part of the holidays is the time just after when you can clean up, re-organize, and then most importantly RELAX. This week has been filled with a whole bunch of family time. And that’s mostly a good thing 🙂 My husband took this week off and the girls are home all week on vacation from school too so we had an opportunity to hit the big sledding hill. In true adult form, my husband and I jumped on a sled together and promptly crashed it. We looked super cool with our snow gear and furry hats racing down the hill and out of breath trekking back up to the top so I know you’re jealous. Hot chocolate topped of the day of sledding and then the temps plummeted to the single digits. Thankful for indoor entertainment options for all of us, we headed over to the movie theatre yesterday for a matinee. This weekend brings one last holiday celebration for our family and of course, it’s New Year’s eve tomorrow. Time for serving some awesome appetizers like these pear and prosciutto bites done two different ways!
The easiest way to make pear and prosciutto bites is to simply wrap a half slice of prosciutto around a piece of pear. I made ours extra fancy by smearing a bit of cranberry goat cheese on the pear slice, adding a leaf of arugula and then wrapping with the prosciutto. I followed that up with a tempting drizzle of balsamic glaze.
The other way you can make this is as a mini sandwich. Same ingredients, but placed between two thin slices of toasted baguette. If you’re up for making homemade baguette, check out this recipe! I made the pear and prosciutto bites into a sandwich for my daughter’s teacher/staff appreciation dinner earlier this month and it was an easy delightful treat.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 pear, cored and sliced into 12 slices
- 6 slices prosciutto cut in half lengthwise to make 12
- handful of arugula
- small log of goat cheese (I used one that was rolled in cinnamon and cranberries but a honey goat cheese would also be awesome!)
- 1 loaf baguette sliced thin and toasted (if making the sandwich version)
- Make the balsamic glaze by simmering balsamic vinegar and coconut sugar in a small saucepan for 12-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Smear a small amount of goat cheese on each slice of pear, top with one arugula leaf and wrap in one piece of prosciutto. Place on serving tray and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- For the mini sandwich version: smear the goat cheese on a piece of baguette, add 1-2 slices of pear, a piece of prosciutto, a few leaves of arugula, drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with another piece of baguette. Secure with a toothpick and serve.