Three Onion Dip
I’m going to make this quick for a coupla reasons. One, we’re putting our house on the market this week so there’s work to be done and two, I’ve managed to catch a stomach bug so the work that is supposed to be getting done, isn’t. This three onion dip is super fast to put together and tastes similar to your favorite French onion dip, but it’s gloriously dairy free!
You can assume from the title of three onion dip that this does indeed contain three different types of onions. White onion, shallot, and chives are the onion stars of this dip flavored with a hit of Worcestershire and smoked salt. The base of three onion dip is a mix of homemade mayonnaise and coconut milk. You can also use a coconut milk kefir for a little extra tang or sour cream if you like a little dairy in your life. Serve this up with a colorful blend of exotic veggie chips for a beautiful presentation. Now let’s get dippin’!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼-1/2 cup coconut milk or coconut milk kefir (to desired consistency)
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Sauté white onion and shallot in saucepan with a bit of olive oil until they become translucent.
- Combine all ingredients together in a small dish and stir to combine.
- Serve with your favorite veggie chips!