Venison Steaks with Sweet Smoky Aioli
Take your (wild) game to the next level of flavor with these venison steaks smothered in a sweet smoky aioli! Venison is a deliciously high protein meat that’s also low in fat which makes it perfect for individuals who are watching their calories but still like the richer taste of beef or wild game. These steaks are prepared in a simple fashion for a quick easy meal. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if you like a smidgen of heat and cook until they’re done to your liking. I prefer my venison just a little pink, around the medium scale of doneness, for the best flavor and tenderness. Cooking venison too long almost always leads to tough dry meat since it’s so low in fat.
These venison steaks get a tasty treatment from a homemade sweet and smoky aioli. Aioli is really just a fancy word for thinned out and flavored mayonnaise. This delicious smother sauce starts with homemade mayonnaise (or you can use your favorite brand) combined with a little honey, mustard and sweet barbeque sauce. This sauce is also super tasty paired with tater tots or baked chicken tenders!
- 1½ pounds venison steaks seasoned with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- AIOLI SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce (all natural)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Oil a saute pan (or grill) with a small amount of oil or butter.
- Cook venison steaks until desired doneness.
- Mix ingredients for aioli together with a whisk until smooth.
- Serve steaks with the aioli sauce and pickled jalepenos!