I walked into the kitchen last night expecting to start dinner late since I had been outside enjoying the early evening with my neighbor. What I found was a delightful surprise. My husband was deep in the trenches of chopping vegetables and spiralizing a zucchini […]
Breakfast, I think, is my favorite meal. I eat breakfast for lunch, or breakfast for dinner quite often. So many options!!! Plus, when you get ten dozen beautiful farm fresh eggs while heading back “home” for the Easter weekend, delicious protein rich breakfast gets to happen a lot!
This recipe is a simple one pan, easy one that is fast to put together and bakes in the oven while you make your morning coffee. Chorizo is the sausage of choice for this breakfast skillet but you can easily mix it up with any other breakfast sausage too. I really like how the spice of the chorizo is offset by the sweetness of diced sweet potatoes and red bell peppers. Dress it up with a bit of chives and cilantro and you have a beautiful rustic breakfast skillet!
- 2-3 eggs
- ½ pound ground chorizo sausage
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- black pepper to taste
- cilantro and chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an oven safe skilled (cast iron works great!), brown the sausage with the onion, bell pepper and sweet potato until sausage is cooked and potato is fork tender.
- Break 2 or 3 eggs over top of the sausage mixture without breaking the yolks.
- Bake until the eggs have mostly set, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot and delicious!
Last weekend we were over at my mother-in-law’s house to celebrate the March birthdays. I did manage to make my daughter’s cake and she chose to have a Minecraft theme so it was decorated with little Minecraft figurines. I’m glad she kept her idea simple this year […]